International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC) is looking for applications from suitable candidates for the position of Legal Adviser.
Application Deadline – May 5, 2018
- Department: Communication/Prevention
- Starting date: As soon as possible
Job Description / Responsibility
- Provides legal advice and technical assistance to national authorities;
- Monitors developments in the national implementation of IHL and relevant international human rights law (IHRL) norms;
- Actively promotes the cooperation between ICRC and governments;
- Performs independent research on and analysis of specific legal issues, as well as broader sectors of the national legal systems.
- Advises on socio-political and legal aspects of delegation strategy and operations in Asia;
- Keeps up to date on ICRC institutional themes of priority and promotes those themes in presentations to staff members, and to governments and think tanks;
- Provides professional and technical support to the various communication programs;
- Undertakes any other duties, professional and administrative, that are consistent with the overall responsibility for the post or as may be requested by the supervisor;
- Masters university degree in law, international relations or other relevant field;
- At least 3 year(s)
- At least 3 years’ professional experience;
- Sound knowledge of international humanitarian law and human rights law;
- Experience working with government or the judicial sector;
- Good knowledge of the government’s structures;
- Effective communication and pedagogical skills;
- Excellent knowledge of written and oral English and Bengali, French would be an asset;
- Good computer skills (particularly Power point, MS Word, Excel);
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team;
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Flexibility and willingness to travel.
- A resident contract with an interesting compensation and social package.
- In-house and/or external training.
- A stimulating and rewarding job in a multicultural organisation with development opportunities.
- The opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience in an international setting of humanitarian endeavour.
Send your CV to email@example.com or Click here to Email CV from MY BDJOBS account.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting