Job Description / Responsibility
- The position reports to the Deputy Chief of Party. The position is Dhaka-based with frequent travel within Bangladesh. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist program implementation under the “Justice for All” Program’s activities to improve the delivery of legal aid services to the public, increase the self-governance of the judiciary to better serve the public, support professional development and outreach that engages women judges and female law students.
- Serve as legal researcher and analyst for project activities, as assigned, and prepare research summaries, overviews of laws, and other memoranda and correspondence on relevant legal matters.
- Assist the Justice for All’s Legal Team in the design, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of activities to strengthen the delivery of legal aid and judicial services.
- Assist in the planning of training, workshops, meetings, and other activities under Objectives 1 (Legal Aid) and 2 (Judicial Reform, Women in Justice) of the Program.
- Work with relevant counterparts, committees, and working groups to implement program activities in accordance with the work plan, implementation schedule, and performance monitoring plan.
- Attend, participate in, and/or report on formal and informal meetings with counterparts, including, but not limited to the Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs, the National Legal Aid Services Organization, District Legal Aid Committees, the Supreme Court, and the Bangladeshi Women Judges Association.
- University degree in law.
- Recent graduates with only internship experience are encouraged to apply.
- At least one year of experience as Legal Intern/Assistant/Associate, preferably working on donor-funded legal or judicial strengthening projects in Bangladesh.
- Knowledge of organizational and procedural laws regulating the Bangladeshi judiciary and government legal aid services.
- Prior experience working with the Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs, the Judicial Administration Training Institute, the Supreme Court, the Bangladeshi judiciary, the Bangladesh Women Judges Association, and/or other justice sector institutions preferred.
- Strong research background and demonstrated experience preparing legal documents, memoranda, and reports.
- Strong organizational skills, rigorous attention to detail, and problem solving abilities needed to perform effectively in a demanding position.
- Demonstrated interest in judicial reform, access to justice, and legal aid services for the poor.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team to achieve complex results under strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics, transparency, and accountability in program implementation.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Bangla composing skills, internet navigation, etc.).
- Excellent spoken and written English and Bangla
Applicants should submit a resume that details their relevant work and educational experiences and cover letter stating their interests, qualifications and the internship they are applying for to email@example.com.
For more details, please visit the official website – Justice for All Bangladesh