International Organization for Migration (IOM) is looking for Project Assistants according to the Terms of Reference below. Interested applicants are invited to apply by 28 May 2016 at the latest, referring to the vacancy notice ref. code on the e-mail subject header.
OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
|Reference Code:||VN-015/2016/S – BD1||Position Title:||Project Assistant (several positions)|
|Duty Station:||IOM Cox’s Bazar Office
(Different Filed Locations)
|Estimated Starting Date:||As soon as possible|
|G-03/01 (UN Salary Scale)
Base Salary: 58,877.58
|Type of Appointment:||
Special Short Term (with possibility of extension)
IOM Bangladesh is providing humanitarian assistance and facilitating access to basic services, particularly Health and Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Education services to the Undocumented Myanmar Nationals (UMNs) currently residing in the country’s Cox’s Bazar district (bordering Myanmar), numbering anywhere from 200,000 to 500,000 individuals. To ensure that this extremely vulnerable populations basic needs are met, IOM is providing primarily healthcare, water and sanitation assistance in the district, directed at both host community and the UMNs. IOM is also assisting the local administration in Cox’s Bazar in the coordination of the humanitarian assistance to the UMNs and host community case load particularly through managing International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) service delivery (Health and WASH), supporting overall coordination of activities to identify need, track service delivery across all sectors, and analyze gaps, and ensure that all stakeholders are adequately briefed on all developments and have access to transparent information on service delivery and project plans.
Under the direct supervision of the National Programme Officer (NPO) in coordination with education consultant from UNICEF and overall supervision of the Head of Office (HoSO), Cox’s Bazar in Bangladesh, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the day to day implementation of the Early Primary and Basic Education for UMN children.
The incumbent will be assigned to inter alia, the following tasks:
- Provide general assistance in the implementation of the Project activities in close coordination with the NPO and education consultant;
- Provide administrative and logistics support for meetings, workshop, training and other events at the community and district level
- Technical support the partner NGO in developing operational plan and its implementation
- Assist in capacity development of partner NGO staff and teachers on training, monitoring of teaching learning activities and supervising teachers
- Assist in developing training plan and training materials for teacher development
- Contribute to development M&E framework with the guidance from the IOM M&E coordinator and UNICEF education consultant
- Undertake small scale research as per progamme requirement
- Regular communication with the implementing partner/s for collection, processing and analysis of data and ensure a systematic and standardized approach in the handling of data to prepare the project related reports and documents on lessons learnt and success stories.
- Undertake regular field visits and actively participate in community meetings related to the education programme
- Create a database of UMN students
- Assist in the documentation of the project progress and in the process for periodic reporting.
- Assist in procurement process of the programme.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Development Studies or alternatively, a combination of relevant experience in these fields.
- Previous experience in primary and basic education system and policies imperatives in Bangladesh, curriculum and contents, child learning and child development.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in project implementation, Previous experience in international organization is an advantage;
- Fairly strong experience in teaching
- Previous work experience in Cox’s Bazar area as well as ability to communicate in Cox’s Bazar/Rohingya dialect will be added advantage.
- Strong coordination, negotiation, mobilizing and facilitation skills
- Must have valid driving license and experience in driving motor vehicles, especially bikes.
- A demonstrated commitment to ensuring community representation
- Previous experience with Sexual and Gender Based Violence issues (preferred).
- High degree of judgment and initiative; ability to work with a high degree of independence within assigned areas.
Method of Application:
Candidates with the required qualifications holding an IOM contract should submit the Internal Application Form.
External candidates with the required qualifications can apply online: http://www.iom.org.bd/page/current-vacancies/
Please ensure that your profile is complete with the latest information. As incomplete applications generate an immense administrative burden for our organization, we only accept profiles duly filled in. As a general rule, candidates who have not properly completed their on-line profile will be excluded from consideration.