By FutureLaw Desk
The Solidarity Center-Bangladesh under its legal program is offering internships in Dhaka, Bangladesh to law students and recent university graduates who are interested in serving the legal needs of the trade unions and workers of the Ready-made Garment Sector. Interns will work closely with the legal services program staff of the Solidarity Center. Solidarity Center internships provide a great opportunity to work for social change in the country.
Interns are required to work 30 hours a week, 5 days (Monday to Friday) a week for 3 months. Interns will receive a stipend during their internship.
Intern tasks and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: Maintaining coordination with program implementation team, including database and reporting, correspondence and follow-up (including outcome analysis); Participating in meetings and trainings with workers, including Worker Welfare Associations in EPZs and Federation or RMG union leaders, and taking notes during those meetings/trainings; Interviewing workers, evaluating documents, reports and cases; Helping prepare for cases, including drafting reports as well as other administrative tasks such as filling paperwork etc. on an as-needed basis.
- Strong interest in worker and human rights, social justice and the labor movement;
- Understanding of the legal entitlements of workers of the export-oriented factories, especially that produce clothing and other accessories;
- English language writing and speaking skills;
- Ability to type in Bangla (utilizing Bijoy keyboard);
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word, etc.);
- Good communication and collaboration skills;
- Ability to produce deadline-driven work accurately and on-time.
- Ability to work well in teams as well as independently and with supervision;
- Willingness to travel within the country if needed.
How to apply
Submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample (250 words) to email@example.com by July 1, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The applicants are requested to respond immediately as the selection process will be conducted on a roll-on basis.
To know more please visit solidarity center website: www.solidaritycenter.org